Proudly serving the Eau Claire community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
In order for an individual to achieve for long-term recovery, he or she must receive treatment for the emotional components of an addiction in a comprehensive treatment setting. While medication assisted treatment works to eliminate the physical discomforts of withdrawal, North West Wisconsin Comprehensive Treatment Center provides patients with the opportunity to address the underlying emotional factors that may have contributed to their addictions in the first place by offering individual therapy. This therapeutic tool allows patients the chance to work one-on-one with a highly qualified counselor in a safe and supportive environment. The following benefits are directly related to the use of individual therapy:
- Identifying past traumatic events that may have contributed to the abuse of opioids in the first place
- Developing new points of view in relation to the obvious and possible underlying causes of a patient’s addictive behaviors
- Creating new and healthy techniques for handling stressful situations or emotions
- Handling setbacks and/or accomplishments during the course of treatment in an appropriate manner
- Forming new techniques for handling situations in which drug use may be available and tempting
- Developing new personal goals for oneself
Once a patient understands his or her own behaviors and emotions, he or she is able to gain a deeper understanding of why he or she abused opioids in the first place. When the root causes of an addiction surface, patients are then able to prepare for a future that is substance-free. Individual therapy allows patients the supportive space in which to openly navigate their feelings.
Additionally, individuals who take part in individual therapy are more likely to experience the following as they progress in treatment:
- An increased sense of self-confidence
- Enhanced levels of self-esteem
- A reduction in stress
- An increased sense of self-awareness
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
The team of professionals at North West Wisconsin Comprehensive Treatment Center strongly believes that the use of individual therapy plays a vital role in the recovery process for each of our patients. When given the opportunity to openly share their emotions and insights with a trained counselor, patients are provided with the education, support, and tools necessary to prepare for a future that is substance-free.
If you or someone you care about is struggling with an addiction to opioids such as heroin or prescription painkillers, please reach out to North West Wisconsin Comprehensive Treatment Center today to learn more about individual therapy as well as the other therapeutic options that we offer. We are here to assist you in achieving a future that is free from the dangers of addiction.